The lion figures, like the lion bridge, were the work of the sculptor Wilhelm Beyer. The alabaster busts were removed long ago. Many older sources referred to the knights pillar, created in 1798, as the "Jurisdiction pillar". Adjacent to the tournament site and knights tomb, it was definitely a key element of the "wildly romantic" Rittergau (chivalric precinct) and served to glorify the knightly virtues. Pillar figures were a popular theme of English gardens, which, as already mentioned, were also regarded as monumental sites.
Today, the knights pillar stands in a small clearing. Here old oaks and Austrian pines dominate. The real character of the location is, however, given by the extensive dense yew trees, which cast darkness over the whole area.
The modelling of the ground surrounding the knights pillar is noteworthy. A series of „beauty hills" accompany the paths leading to the knights tomb. Even darker and more covered is the avenue of yews leading from here to the dairy farm.